The mission of Phi Tau Sigma
The mission of Phi Tau Sigma is to raise the stature and recognize scholarly achievements of the Food Science and Technology profession. This mission is achieved by encouraging outstanding achievement by Food Science students and professionals, and by enhancing professionals among Food Science professionals through the Phi Tau Sigma member network.
Purposes of Phi Tau Sigma
- To recognize and honor professional achievements of Food Scientists and Technologists,
- To encourage the application of fundamental scientific principles to Food Science and Technology in each of its branches,
- To stimulate the exchange of scientific knowledge through meetings, lectures, and publications,
- To establish and maintain a network of like-minded professionals, and
- To promote exclusively charitable, scientific, literary and educational programs.
Join Us and Actively Participate
Are you interested in joining, Phi Tau Sigma, please visit our membership page for more details. Nominations from two active members are required. We invite all the existing and prospective members to actively volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering, please submit the "contact us" form.