Our dedicated executive committee members run the organization smoothly and efficiently. The executive committee members are elected by the members in good standing. The chairs and the committee members are appointed by the leadership team.
Meet the Team
Please meet the Phi Tau Sigma leadership team for the 2017-2018 year.
Robert E. Brackett, Ph.D.
Vice President, Illinois Institute of Technology; Director, Institute for Food Safety and Health
Kathy Kotula, Ph.D.
Senior Investigative Food Scientist at Investigative Food Sciences
Russell Cross, Ph.D.
Professor & Head of the Department of Animal Science, Texas A&M University
Daryl Lund, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Department of Food Science, University of Wisconsin
Rakesh Singh, Ph.D.
Professor & Department Head, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Georgia
Board of Directors
- Stephen Campano, M.S.
- Claire Zoellner, Ph.D.
- Eileen Duarte-Gomez , Ph.D.
- T. Matt Taylor, Ph.D.
- Liz Boyle, Ph.D.
- Ruth S. MacDonald, RD, Ph.D.
Alternate Board of Directors
- M. Wes Schilling, Ph.D.
- Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
- David Park, M.S.
- Dongjun Zhao, Ph.D.
- Tom Aurand, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth M. Grasso-Kelley, Ph.D.
- Awards Committee – Poulson Joseph, Ph.D.
- Chapter Affairs Committee – Mary Schmidl, Ph.D.
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee – Christina Dewitt, Ph.D.
- Development Committee – Matt Taylor, Ph.D.
- Membership & Qualifications Committee – Jamie Valenti-Jordon, M.S.
- Newsletter Committee – Kathy Kotula, Ph.D.
- Nominations & Elections Committee – Tom Aurand, Ph.D.
- Program Committee – Rakesh Singh, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Recruitment Campaign Committee – Steve Campano. M.S.
- Ad hoc Service Provider Organization Committee – David Park, M.S.
- Ad hoc Strategic Relations Committee – Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Student Relations Committee – Joe Regenstein, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Website Committee – Ken Lee, Ph.D.
Are you interested in joining the team?
If you are interested in joining the leadership team, please contact us. The success of our organization depends on the contribution of volunteers like you.