Our dedicated executive committee members run the organization smoothly and efficiently. The executive committee members are elected by the members in good standing. The chairs and the committee members are appointed by the leadership team.
Meet the Team
Please meet the Phi Tau Sigma leadership team for the 2020-2021 year.
Rodrigo Tarté, Ph.D
Assistant Professor, Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University
Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
Principal, Corvus Blue LLC
Liz Boyle, Ph.D.
Professor & Extension Specialist, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University
Daryl Lund, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Department of Food Science, University of Wisconsin
Kathy Kotula, Ph.D.
Senior Investigative Food Scientist at Investigative Food Sciences
Board of Directors
2018-19 to 2020-21: Until August 31, 2021
- Stephen Campano, M.S.
- Lili He, Ph.D.
- Claire Zoellner, Ph.D.
- Ravi Chermala, M.S., M.J., MBA (Ravi replaced Rodrigo Tarté, who advanced to President Elect)
2018-20 to 2021-22: Until August 31, 2022
- Martha Cassens, M.S.
- Rebecca Creasy, Ph.D.
- Yaguang (Sunny) Luo, Ph.D.
- Laura Strawn, Ph.D.
2020-21 to 2022-23: Until August 31, 2023
- Navagnana (Navam) Hettiarachchy, Ph.D.
- Poulson Joseph, Ph.D.
- Fanbin Kong, Ph.D.
- Matthew (Matt) Taylor, Ph.D.
- Awards Committee – Charlwit Kulchaiyawat, Ph.D.
- Chapter Affairs Committee – Terri Boylston, Ph.D.
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee – Rick Falkenberg, Ph.D.
- Development Committee – Mary Schmidl, Ph.D.
- Finance Committee – Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
- Future Directions Committee - Rodrigo Tarté, Ph.D.
- Membership & Qualifications Committee – Lauren Jackson, Ph.D.
- Newsletter & Communications Committee – Kathryn Kotula, Ph.D.
- Nominations & Elections Committee – Tom Aurand, Ph.D.
- Program Committee – Rodrigo Tarté, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Audit Committee – Mary Schmidl, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Internship Organization Committee – Kantha Shelke, Ph.D., Co-Chair, David Park, B.S., Co-Chair
- Ad hoc Strategic Relations Committee – Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Student Relations Committee – Claire Zoellner, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Website/Wikipedia Committee – Kathiravan Krishnamurthy, Ph.D.
Are you interested in joining the team?
If you are interested in joining the leadership team, please contact us. The success of our organization depends on the contribution of volunteers like you.