Our dedicated executive committee members run the organization smoothly and efficiently. The executive committee members are elected by the members in good standing. The chairs and the committee members are appointed by the leadership team.
Meet the Team
Please meet the Phi Tau Sigma leadership team for the 2018-2019 year.
Rakesh Singh, Ph.D.
Professor & Department Head, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Georgia
Kathy Kotula, Ph.D.
Senior Investigative Food Scientist at Investigative Food Sciences
Robert E. Brackett, Ph.D.
Vice President, Illinois Institute of Technology; Director, Institute for Food Safety and Health
Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
Principal, Corvus Blue LLC
Liz Boyle, Ph.D.
Professor & Extension Specialist, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University
Daryl Lund, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Department of Food Science, University of Wisconsin
Board of Directors
2018-19: Until August 31, 2019
- Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
- T. Matt Taylor, Ph.D.
- David Park, M.S.
- Dongjun Zhao, Ph.D.
2018-19 to 2019-20: Until August 31, 2020
- Ruth MacDonald, Ph.D.
- Wesley N. Osburn, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth M. Grasso-Kelley, Ph.D.
- Tom Aurand, Ph.D.
2018-19 to 2020-21: Until August 31, 2021
- Stephen Campano, M.S.
- Lili He, Ph.D.
- Rodrigo Tarté, Ph.D.
- Claire Zoellner, Ph.D.
- Awards Committee – Poulson Joseph, Ph.D.
- Chapter Affairs Committee – Amy Simonne, Ph.D.
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee – T. Matt Taylor, Ph.D.
- Development Committee – Wes Osburn, Ph.D.
- Finance Committee – Kantha Shelke, Ph.D.
- Membership & Qualifications Committee – Rebecca Creasy, Ph.D.
- Newsletter & Communications Committee – Kathryn Kotula, Ph.D.
- Nominations & Elections Committee – James Valenti-Jordan, M.S.
- Program Committee – Liz Boyle, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Audit Committee – Luis Pena, M.S.
- Ad hoc "Building a Science Bridge" Committee – Mary Schmidl, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Internship Organization Committee – David Park, B.S.
- Ad hoc Recruitment Campaign Committee – Daryl Lund, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Strategic Relations Committee – Taylor Wallace, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Student Relations Committee – Rebecca Creasy, Ph.D.
- Ad hoc Website/Wikipedia Committee – Kathiravan Krishnamurthy, Ph.D.
Are you interested in joining the team?
If you are interested in joining the leadership team, please contact us. The success of our organization depends on the contribution of volunteers like you.